Onboarding Kwikset 910 Zwave Locks
We have been getting quite a few inquires about on-boarding Kwikset 910 Zwave locks from another provider onto AirLocking.
This is something we are happy to say that we do fully support. We sell Yale Real Living locks on Amazon but support a variety of Kwikset, Schlage, and Yale (Zigbee and Zwave) smart locks.
Here are the steps to get your Kwikset lock setup on AirLocking:
1. Purchase a hub: Samsung SmartThings Smart Home Hub
2. Register on AirLocking:
3. On the page after you register, you will be prompted for the SmartThings Hub Welcome Code which is printed on the bottom of the hub:
4. This is the only part of the registration process which is different than normal. Since the Kwikset lock was previously paired with another system, it needs to be reset before it can be paired with AirLocking. When you get to the page that says “Pair Lock and Hub”, there are some additional steps that you need to perform first:
- Click on “Locks” on the top bar.
- Click on the “Advanced” link on the bottom of the page.
- On your lock, press button “A” on the back panel of the lock interior.
- Back on the page, click on “Z-Wave exclusion”.
5. Now, we can continue with the setup. Click on “Dashboard” on the top bar, and “continue” below “Setup was not completed”. The next steps will take your through pairing the lock, testing an initial code, creating backup codes, and integrating with Airbnb.